In celebration of International Women’s Day I am pleased to share a video conversation inspired by Mysterial Faculty member Nota Lucas. In the video, we peer through the Mysterial lens at current events like #MeToo, women’s marches, the US Presidency and more.
This larger context of the evolutionary arc offers a shift from confusion into clarity, from apathy into action and from anger into trust.
With the Mysterial perspective, we can more clearly see what is at stake, and make meaning out of the events of the time. Indeed, the current conditions are not just about grave mistakes and destructive endings – there is great possibility for birthing new culture and paradigms.
There are many current challenges on the planet which show how painful it can be to bring a new leadership paradigm into the culture. How can we breath new life into a more open way of leading? What is the way to get a new wise, loving and powerful Feminine voice out there?
We are all in the midst of a profound rite of passage now. There is a strong collective sense of wanting to burst out of an old way of being. In the conversation, I encourage listeners to use the chaos and fire of these times to forge a new consciousness, and a new future which we cannot yet see from inside the present times.
Highlights in this conversation include:
- History of International Women’s Day
- 7 Waves of Consciousness and Culture – putting our present and future in context with our past
- Feminine and masculine shadows, as well as healthy expressions (see list below)
- #MeToo movement and the US Presidency from a Mysterial lens
- What to remember when enraged or overwhelmed by the news
- How to hold a positive vision of a new world, despite the current struggle and destruction
- 3 self-care practices while we are participating in the larger birth of a new consciousness
A section of this talk covers the Mysterial Archetypes, as a broader context for many of the current events of our time:
- Mother Archetype shadows: Devourer and Neglector
- Hero Archetype shadows: Dominator and Capitulator
- Father Archetype shadows: Judge and Outsider
- Maiden Archetype shadows: Bohemian and Puritan
- Crone Archetype shadows: Hag and Denier
To close our conversation, I shared the inspiring poem:
“It Is I Who Must Begin”
by Vaclav Havel:
It is I who must begin.
Once I begin, once I try –
here and now,
right where I am,
not excusing myself
by saying things
would be easier elsewhere,
without grand speeches and
but all the more persistently
– to live in harmony
with the “voice of Being,” as I
understand it within myself
– as soon as I begin that,
I suddenly discover,
to my surprise, that
I am neither the only one,
nor the first,
nor the most important one
to have set out
upon that road.
Whether all is really lost
or not depends entirely on
whether or not I am lost
I encourage you to be kind to your ‘humanness’. You are here as a wise, loving and powerful Mysterial Womanwilling to step forward in the world to make your contribution… and it is not easy. Find the resonant communities where you can take off your armor and be loved and held. Remember that you are not alone.
To participate in the Mysterial conversation and enhance your ability to be a greater catalytic agent of transformation, join our Facebook group here.